Scientists at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute spend a year analysing 283 products designed to make users look younger, from foundation and concealer to lipstick and brow pencils.
They found that the top concealers were both budget brands, with Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, at $10, rated top and Avon Anew Age-Transforming Concealer SPF 15, also $10, in second place.
Anti-aging beauty: Scientists at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute spend a year analysing 283 products designed to make users look younger
The CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer, $14, was second only to a $33 Korres product in the primer category, while a $7.49 Revlon eye shadow took the silver after the MAC Paint Pot, $18, in the crease-proof eye shadow category.
The volunteers were subjected to a gamut of equipment to test product performance, including a cutometer to measure skin firmness and hydration and a Visia Skin Complexion Analyzer, which quantifies wrinkles, spots, and skin texture.
In addition to the volunteers’ verdicts, the researchers took into account responses from 2,004 consumer questionnaires.
The results formed the basis for Good Housekeeping’s annual Anti-Aging Awards, now in its third year.
COSMETICS THAT REALLY WORK
- Gold winner: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, $10
- Silver winner: Avon Anew Age-Transforming Concealer SPF 15, $10
Foundation: Sheer to Medium Coverage
- Gold winner: Chanel Lift Lumière Firming and Smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15, $65
- Silver winner: Avon Anew Age-Transforming Foundation SPF 15, $16
Foundation: Medium to Full Coverage
- Gold winner: La Prairie Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15, $105
- Silver winner: Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup SPF 20, $15
- Gold winner: Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Age Reversing Face Primer, $33
- Silver winner: CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer, $14
- Gold winner: Dior Rouge Serum SPF 20, $34
- Silver winner: By Terry Rouge Terrybly Age-Defense Lipstick, $49
- Gold winner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, $19
- Silver winner: Guerlain The Lip Liner, $30
- Gold winner: Smashbox O-Plump, $24
- Silver winner: Rodial Glam Balm Lip, $25
Crease-Proof Eye Shadow
- Gold winner: MAC Paint Pot, $18
- Silver winner: Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow, $7.49
- Gold winner: Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre, $25.50
- Silver winner: Estée Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo, $23.50
Eye Shadow Primer
- Gold winner: Laura Mercier Eye Basics, $24
- Silver winner: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, $20
- Gold winner: MAC False Lashes, $20
- Silver winner: Lancôme Défincils, $26
The Real Cougar Woman is a 5-carat diamond who knows the importance of taking care of her health, beauty, relationships, finances and spirituality. Linda Franklin says,”there is no stopping a woman who has a strong belief system, passion and a dream. All things are possible”. Linda’s book, Don’t Ever Call Me Ma’am helps women of all ages tap into their power and live life to the fullest.