Yikes, did you tell your boss what you really think of him? Did you kiss one of your colleagues a little too passionately under the mistletoe? Or did you climb up on the table and do your version of a go-go dancer?
According to a survey by restaurant chain TGI Friday, more than a quarter of employees feared they would be unable to resist telling their boss exactly what they thought of them. Enjoy the Christmas spirit but, never forget, that you are always on the radar of the people who count.
So here’s a list of Dos and Don’ts to ensure that, in the cold light of day, your colleagues will still view you as the smart and gracious woman that you are. In fact, you could actually accumulate some brownie points if you handle yourself in a way that sets you apart from the other gals.
The office party is actually a great opportunity to impress your bosses. Everyone is relaxed, and it’s possible to speak to the most senior people in your company to whom you might not normally have access.
- Corner your boss for hours
- Keep the conversation focused on yourself
- Use the party as an opportunity to discuss colleagues’ failings or racy love lives
- Pair up under the mistletoe while your boss is looking
- Go from prim office worker to raging party animal
- Post pictures on Facebook and Twitter while under the influence
- Keep the conversation interesting
- Ask colleagues about family members
- Steer clear of spreading rumors
- Remember to be discreet
- Drink lots of water – it dilutes the alcohol
- Have a good time
A bit of over-indulgence is not the end of the world, but arrive at work the next day on time and ready to do your job.
The Real Cougar Woman is a 5-carat diamond who knows the importance of taking care of her health, beauty, relationships, finances and spirituality. Linda Franklin says,”there is no stopping a woman who has a strong belief system, passion and a dream. All things are possible”. Linda’s book, Don’t Ever Call Me Ma’am helps women of all ages tap into their power and live life to the fullest.