by Linda Franklin – The Real Cougar Woman
I know you don’t need a reason to enjoy great, blow your mind sex, but if your special someone needs convincing from time to time, here’s 9 mind-boggling benefits for hitting the sheets.
1. According to a study at Queens University in Belfast, men who have sex three or more times a week can cut their risk of heart attack in half.
2. A little sensual massage followed by some dancing in the sheets releases sleep-inducing endorphins.
3. Researchers at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania found that having sex once or twice a week boosts the immune system by 30 percent.
4.Feel the power.“When things go well in the bed and you’re pleasing your partner,” says San Francisco sex therapist Sandor Gardos, Ph.D., founder of MyPleasure.com, “you feel more confident and powerful in other parts of your life.”
5. Sex makes you happier than having money, according to a recent study by the National Bureau of Economic Research. A marriage that included regular sex was figured to bring the same levels of happiness as earning an extra $100,000 annually.
6. Skip the Botox. In his book, Secrets of the Superyoung, neurophysiologist David Weeks, M.D., of Scotland’s Royal Edinburgh Hospital, writes: “An active sex life slows down the aging process.”
7.Use it or lose it. Marriage therapist Michele Weiner Davis, author of The Sex-Starved Wife: says “The more you have sex, the more likely you’ll be to continue to produce testosterone, one of the primary hormones responsible for sexual desire.”
8. Tired of all those bathroom breaks? Sex tones the pelvic muscles that support your uterus, bladder, and bowel, meaning better pee control.
9. Protect your pearly whites. Semen contains zinc, calcium, and other minerals proven to fight tooth decay. (Only trace amounts, but who’s counting?)