I don't have to tell you that Real Cougar Women are uber independent. There isn't much we can't figure out on our own, but at the same time, we know how to make the man in our life feel needed. On this Valentine's Day here are 6 secrets for balancing your relationship and keeping him feeling loved and appreciated.
1. Show him you’re partners. There’s a big difference between showing your man you need him (which he craves) and being needy (which terrifies him). A good partner wants to make you happy, to comfort you when you’re having a bad day, and to support you along your journey.
2. Ask his opinion. Guys love to feel that their opinion is valued (who doesn’t, really?) So if you’re angling for a promotion at work or wondering how to deal with a difficult boss, ask your guy for his thoughts. Keep in mind that men are a solution-oriented sex, so be prepared for him to suggest an action plan.
3. Let him make plans. Real Cougars want to do it all which isn't the greatest way to show a man you care. Give him the chance to help you and to surprise you. Yes, he may not do things exactly the way you do, but that can be a good thing.
4. Ask him to help you with a “manly” task. Nothing boosts a man’s ego like doing something, well, manly. My husband lights up when I ask him to open a stuck jar lid (of course I make sure to say, “wow, you’re so strong!”) and revels in his ability to put together a piece of Ikea furniture that comes in 279 pieces. Again its about letting him know he's needed and you that you really can't do it all yourself.
5. Let him teach you about something he loves. Whether it’s world politics, football, investing, your guy is passionate about something you know nothing about. So ask him to tell you about it…then let him take you to a game, or plan a trip, or set a budget. He’ll be so appreciative that you took the time to learn about something that’s important to him, and the bonding experience will be priceless.
6. Thank him. When your guy shares some information that you find interesting, or cracks you up with a funny story, or helps you figure out a problem that’s been baffling you, be sure to thank him. Let him know that he’s the only one who can make you laugh that hard, and the person who understands you best. The warm, fuzzy, confident feeling he gets when he’s around you will keep him coming back for more, guaranteed!
Give these tips a try if you want to see a happy guy creating ways to make you happy.