If you are planning to introduce your new guy into your circle, you know it will provide juicy new gossip for the resident yentas. You can be sure the tongues will be start to wag as soon as you walk through the door. But, for better or worse they are your family, so you'd better learn how to deal with them. Don't allow yourself to fall into the old familiar traps. Here are 6 helpful tips to keep you smiling during the holidays.
1. Put the Odds In Your Favor. Be honest with yourself about the nature of your relationship. While you may have wonderful times alone, he may not be the one you want to hang out with at family gatherings.
2. Be on the lookout for the green-eyed monster. Never minimize the impact you have when surprising your inner circle with a new love interest. Do yourself a favor by having a conversation with your parents, children, favorite aunts or best friends before showing up at the door with a new man on your arm. You just never know how your happiness will affect somebody else, especially if they aren't as happy as you.
3. Maintain your cool demeanor. Whatever nonsense might be going on around you, stay calm. Nothing will fuel the fires like you trying to defend your man. You might want to strangle Aunt Sadie, but control that impulse.
4. Limit Your Alcohol Consumption. Keep your wits about you and don't try to calm your nervousness by drinking too much. While others may not choose moderation, you have to. To be on the top of your game,sobriety rules.
5. If the Going GetsRough-You Get Going Keep your visit short if you are not feeling the love.. This holiday it's about enjoying yourself and spending time with people who want to celebrate your happiness.
6. Remember How Blessed You Are Cougars be thrilled you have attracted such a wonderful man into your life. And don’t let anything or anyone spoil that good feeling.
So, here's the bottom line: You set the tone. don't subject yourself to a Spanish Inquisition. Use these tips to calm the waves this holiday season.