Yesterday I read an article that said men think about sex every few minutes or every 7 seconds – you take your pick. That's pretty crazy. If you assume that the average male is awake for 16 hours a day, each man would have to think about sex more than 8,000 times a day. That's about as many times as a person breathes while awake.
The Social Organization of Sexuality found that 54 per cent of men reported thinking about sex every day or several times a day, 43 per cent a few times a month or a few times a week, and four per cent less than once a month.
When asked the same question: 19 per cent of women reported thinking about sex every day or several times a day, 67 per cent a few times a month or a few times a week, and 14 per cent less than once a month.
After reading those statistics I wanted to do my own survey, so I asked my friends on FaceBook if they thought about sex every day. Here are a few of their responses.
- I've been thinking about sex every day ever since I lost my virginity at 19. Love it and my goal is to be a dirty old lady with or without a partners. Thank goodness for toys!
- Sex is way over rated… and I think I over rated it! And sex is so seldom openly talked about, a taboo topic, yet so predominant in our thoughts and world. How strange.
- I think about it every day….several times a day. It's very important to me. Sometimes i think my sex drive is greater than my husbands.
- Since I turned 40 three years ago I realize I think of sex so much more often. Absolutely every day. I'm fortunate enough to now have an amazing man in my life who is quite happy about that.
- I'm sorry, what was the question? I was lost in a sexual fantasy.
Our sexuality is part of who we are. Maybe if more people were doing it we wouldn't spend so much time thinking about it.