My friends Deborah and JoJami at Fabulous After 40 say that too many women are looking older than their years. Here is a small list of the mistakes that date us. So many potential beauties have no clue that they are aging themselves without knowing it.
So just in case you haven’t taken a good lately, check yourself out. And, be totally honest about rating your chic factor.
- Frump ~ Are you stuck wearing your favorite old t-shirt and jeans? Time to trade them for something else. Believe it or not, it IS possible to look good and still feel comfortable. Just getting a cute running around sports outfit that matches will make you look and feel better.
- Yellow Teeth ~ Say no more… that’s a no brainer. Especially if you like to wear red lipstick, your teeth will even look more yellow! Ouch! FYI. Those white strips at the drugstore work well, so no need to spend a lot of money.
- Dated Sunglasses ~ Ask your kid or if you don’t have one, find one around to ask. They will tell you if you’re hip or not. Big is in, so you should have some that are large with wide sides.
- Petite Purse ~ We are seeing alot of women over 40 out there with very dated looking purses. Ladies, wake up and get a fun new bag. Oversized is in and will perk up your outfit and hip factor instantly!
- Ugg, its Uggs ~ If your wearing Uggs, just know that so is every other teenager out there. Yes, they are comfortable, but there are other styles and boots that will achieve the same thing. Stay clear. At your age you don’t want to be competing with the younger crowd.
- Make-up, too much, too little, just right? ~ Here is what we are seeing: The bad: Too much eye-liner, frosted lipstick, blue eyeshadow. Too Little: Not wearing makeup is just as bad as too much. At least, please use under-eye concealer, a natural lipstick and draw in your eyebrows. Just right: You should be natural looking but still wearing make-up. That means foundations, blush, lipstick, mascara, eyebrows, etc…. Yes it’s work, but its worth it!
- Chewing gum is not an accessory ~ When you chew gum in public it is not attractive and can ruin a great outfit! It will totally ruin any look you’ve worked so hard to put together.
I am starting a new service for all you Real Cougars - Marvelous Makeovers. I have assembled a team of the very best experts in anti-aging medicine, fashion, skincare, hair and makeup to help me. Here are a few of the exciting things you can expect:
- the latest and greatest in skin rejuvenation
- lessons on how to properly apply makeup that is age appropriate
- creating just the perfect hair cut and color to enhance your new look
- shopping for a wardrobe that is both sexy and sophisticated
- balancing your hormones to feel fabulous
- access to the he latest non-surgical face and body treatments
I want to send out a big thank you to all my loyal Real Cougar supporters. I love you and wish you all the most wonderful Mother's Day ever.