Women have been beating their chests since time began, trying to get men to take better care of themselves. They seem to be oblivious when it comes to their health. Even when they see one of their own species develop a problem, it doesn't seem to scare them into changing their habits.
I don't get it, and I'm not alone. Every time we go out to eat, I see women rolling their eyes and sending dirty looks as their husbands order. Maybe, once in a blue moon, they'll pacify us by having the fish instead of the steak. On those occasions I guess they think they're doing us a favor. Oh boy!
I don't know about you, but this lack of concern about their bodies drives me nuts. Even though, it's not about me, I take it personally. At times I feel, if he cared about me, he'd take better care of himself. Of course, those thoughts are completely out of whack, but sneak in nevertheless.
The 64 million dollar question is why don't they care? Is it something in their male genes? I've asked men to explain it and even they don't have an answer. Ladies, we may never figure it out, so I will share a couple of things that popped into my head.
- maybe, they're embarrassed to talk about it – whatever it happens to be
- maybe, it's the "if I don't pay attention it will go away" syndrome
- maybe, they're afraid to find out the truth about what's going on
- maybe, they hate needles and the sight of their own blood
- maybe, they don't think it's macho to be seen in a paper gown with their behind sticking out
Whatever the reason, the fact remains, men will continue to live in a fool's paradise and women will continue to worry. We are going to be there for them, no matter what.
If you read this and have any tips on hubbie training, I'm sure all of us women would love to hear them.