We’ve all seen the Baby Jane ladies who refuse to change with the times – don’t be one of them. Here are some tips that will allow you to show off your best features and camouflage what you don’t want to see.
A bit of lip gloss makes lips appear plumper. Dab a bit on cheeks to create a dewy glow.
More lipstick tips in How to Apply Lipstick: 16 Lipstick Tips & Tricks.
Eye Pencils Instead of Liquid Liners - Eye pencils are softer than liquid liners, which can be harsh on aging eyes. To soften the line even more, smudge it with your fingers. And don’t line the inside of the eye if you have small eyes, it makes the eye appear smaller.
Find out more in How to Apply Eyeliner.
The Right Eyeshadows - You should make your eyes the focal point of your face. This will detract attention from any fine lines or turkey wattles.
Enhance your eye color with eyeshadow shades that will make your eyes pop. For brown or hazel eyes, golds and browns are gorgeous. Blue eyes look great with blue-gray and lighter browns and dark eyes look fantastic with dark shades.
Find out more in Eyeshadow: How to Apply It, My Best Picks & More.
Less is More - You don’t want to pile on the foundation, the eyeliner and the heavy lipstick. Instead, you want to use highlighter pens, tinted moisturizers and a lighter touch with the shadow and lipstick. Oh, and you might want to get some bangs.
More makeup tips in How to Conceal Wrinkles on Your Face.
Concealing Sagging Skin - As we age, we may begin to notice a big change taking place under the chin. And I’m not talking about excessive growth of chin hairs. You may develop a turkey wattle or you might what you consider a double chin. Either way, you might want to conceal it.
You could see a plastic surgeon and have lipo under your chin or a facelift, but if you don’t want to spend the cash or endure surgery, there are inexpensive ways to conceal sagging skin and a crepe-y neck.
Check out these tips and many more in Loose Skin? 4 Tips to Conceal Sagging Skin.
How to Conceal Droopy Eyelids Without Surgery - Drooping eyelids are another natural part of the aging process but there’s no need to invest in eyelid surgery. You can spend thousands on an eyelift or you can try these beauty tips that cost nothing. Find out how in How to Conceal Droopy Eyelids Without Surgery.
Thinning or Bushy Eyebrows - Keeping your brows done nicely is like having a facelift without surgery, according to author Charla Krupp’s brow guy. Here are some tips for perfect brows:
- Get your brows professionally done. Nothing opens eyes up like curled lashes and neat brows. If you can’t afford waxing or threading every few weeks, use the professional’s job as a map for your own tweezing. Simply pluck the stray hairs that grow in between professional tweezing or waxing. How to pluck your own brows.
- Drawn-in brows are a no-no. You know the pencil-thin line you see some of your friends or women in your town wear? Well, they only age you and they’re somewhat tacky. Learn how to properly fill in sparse brows.
- Avoid tweezing gray brow hairs. Instead, conceal them with a brow powder or pencil.
Thinning Lips - As we age, our lips lose some of their fat. Here’s how to plump up thin lips.
- Picking the right lip color is a must. Makeup artist Bobbi Brown suggests skipping the bright colors and opt for a color that’s just a shade or 2 darker than your natural lip color. Check out 16 Lipstick Tricks and Tips.
- As you age, your natural lip line fades. Create a lip line by coloring in lips first with a lip liner, then apply gloss or lipstick over the liner.
- Consider getting rid of lipstick and using lip gloss instead. Gloss creates the illusion of puffed-up lips, especially when applied to the middle of lips.
- Lip plumpers do work, but the effects don’t last long (we’re talking under an hour). So skip the plumpers and save your money. Even Vaseline on lips will make them appear larger.
- Check out Cynthia Rowland’s Luscious Lips.
Let me know if you have any great tips to share with out fabulous females.
The Real Cougar Woman is a 5-carat diamond who knows the importance of taking care of her health, beauty, relationships, finances and spirituality. Linda Franklin says,” there is no stopping a woman who has a strong belief system and a dream. All things are possible”. Linda’s book, Don’t Ever Call Me Ma’am helps women of all ages tap into their power and live life to the fullest.